How will the school benefit?The consultancy assists leaders to develop a strategic plan for developing a learning powered culture throughout the school. It aims to maximise the school’s investment in the approach.
How will participants benefit?
The workshop enables participants to:
- Recognise and test how the philosophy of Learning Power will affect the whole school
- Unpick the range of strategic aspects of making learning power successful across the school
- Appreciate their role in leading and managing the culture change in the school
- Consider and prepare for key developmental changes and the policies and strategies that will ensure success.
What does the content include?
- The core model and principles of Building Learning Power
- Stages of development in implementing learning power
- Leading and managing culture change
- How a school becomes a learning organisation
- Power for CPD approaches for changing teachers’ habits in the classroom
- Policies to underpin learning power throughout the school
- The ‘how’ of keeping the approach under review through classroom observation
- Keeping the approach under review
What will TLO provide?
Prior to the session
- Online access to The Learning Focused School: A Self Reflection Tool. Completion of this tool prior to the workshop will add valuable bespoke content to the day.
During the session
- An experienced coach/facilitator and a range of material
- A booklet of resources for each team member to use during the day
- A copy of The Learning Powered School .
After the session
- Participants will retiain access to the Building Learning Power membership site.
- This consultancy workshop can be run for members of one school’s leadership team or for SLT representatives from a network or cluster of schools involved in BLP.
- To ensure ease of transfer of the ideas into the school, we recommend that at least two SLT members from each school attend.
- Participants should bring along their school’s vision, CPD policy and current classroom observation schedules.