This online programme will ensure you stay enthused, effective, and on the right track. It has been designed as a ‘guide-by-your-side’, with plenty of support material to help Learning Champions embed the twelve learning habits with their teams and across the school.
Focussed ‘Nutshell’ modules will coach staff to:
- Identify learning habits in themselves and their students
- Build learning habits confidently into the way they teach
- Nudge learning habits through talk and feedback
- Change their perspective to put a deeper emphasis on learning
Through this programme students will:
- Develop their learning habits to achieve a deeper understanding of content
- Build the robust learning character that will be essential for a successful life beyond school
- Understand how to be a successful learner (oh, by the way! This is a new Ofsted judgement for 2015).
Each of the Nutshell modules will enable you to:
- Provide teachers with a bank of essential, practical, ‘how-to’ ideas
- Encourage teams to get started with those habits that fit their curriculum areas
- Add more learning habits to each subject team’s range as they gain in confidence.
- Coach new members of staff in Learning Power
- Encourage and enable ‘hard to reach’ teachers to adopt these approaches
- Lays out the features of a well-formed habit with key information about the characteristics of a well-formed habit
- Offers quick wins through those easy tweaks to lessons and the classroom that bring immediate results
- Includes lesson activities across a variety of subjects that nurture specific learning habits
- Provides ideas for helping teachers to talk about specific habits with their students
- Describes ways of creating climates within classrooms that are conducive to each learning habit