Character, Capability, Cognition and Curriculum
Most teachers and most parents know that there is much more to school than exam results. Nicky Morgan is talking about it.
Expansive Educators such as those who are using Building Learning Power are passionate about it.
- But how does the new character agenda change things?
- How ready is your school?
- How will you decide which aspects of character to focus on?
- How best to embed the development of character across the formal, informal and hidden curriculum of your school?
Keynote speakers include:
- Carly Mitchell,
- Principal, Oasis Academy South Bank
- Prof Bill Lucas,
- Director: Centre for Real-World Learning at University of Winchester
- Maryl Chambers,
- Development Director, TLO Limited
- Gavin Smith,
- Headteacher, Wren Academy
New thinking on embedding character and using professional enquiry ending with networking and refreshments.
‘Building a strong character and a sense of moral purpose is part of the responsibility we have towards our children, our society and our nation….we run the risk of creating a generation who excel at passing exams, writing essays, absorbing information, but children without the skills they need to tackle the challenges that lie ahead…’
Nicky Morgan, Secretary State for Education, Speech to Wellington Festival, 2015
‘It’s about being able to talk passionately about the need, and the practicality, of focusing more intently and explicitly on the development of 21st century character strengths. It’s about sharing as widely and loudly as we can the stories of deep success…’
Professor Guy Claxton and Professor Bill Lucas, Educating Ruby: what our children really need to learn
Register now to hear the latest thinking and meet some great practitioners.
- 23 Nov 2015
- 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- Oasis Academy South Bank, 75 Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7HS
- General ticket group rate (3+) – £30.003+ tickets for schools or Teaching Alliances