- How and when we learn best
- The new ‘four Rs’ – Resilience, Resourcefulness, Reflectiveness and Reciprocity
- The learning mind
- How teachers can lead others’ learning, by seeing themselves as learning coaches rather than merely purveyors of knowledge
- How building learning power can combat the problems of disaffection, disengagement and disenchantment and increase achievement in tests and examinations
- The skills and understanding that will enable teachers to help young people become better learners
- How building learning power can be practically applied in schools and colleges
Building Learning Power
By Guy Claxton.
International research into how the mind works shows that we are all capable of becoming better learners. Building Learning Power applies this research directly to the work of teachers in classrooms, to provide a practical framework for fostering lifelong learning in all young people.
19 x 0.9 x 23 cm
Building Learning Power with elli
An introduction to Learning Power with the Effective Lifelong Learning Inventory (elli)
Building Learning Power 4 domains of learning; Posters
Colourful and student friendly poster set focusing on building emotional engagement, cognitive diversity, social adeptness and strategic awareness..
Book list for leaders
The essential BLP books that every school leader should read, one copy of each.
£64.93Add to basket
Building Learning Power in Action
By Sarah Gornall, Maryl Chambers and Guy Claxton.
Building Learning Power in Action shows how some schools have embraced BLP, and captures the exciting effects it is having in classrooms.