Although a hugely worthwhile culture change, Building Learning Power is a gradual, and sometimes difficult, process; a long and winding road toward learning for life. Our journey map will help you identify where you and your school are now, what you are aiming for, and the waypoints you will pass.
Benefits of having the map are that it:
- guides you through the significant culture shift involved in establishing Learning Power
- provides a framework to get you on the right track and keep you there
- develops Learning Power systematically through the curriculum, making sure it doesn’t fizzle out
- keeps learning under review, so that Learning Power is always fresh and robust
- brings and keeps everyone on board
- ensures that Learning Power is deeply embedded so that it lasts and makes a difference
Each row describes a different aspect of the journey – school behaviour, leading to teacher behaviour, leading to young people’s behaviour.
Ask yourself whether your school looks like this.