Seven glimpses of learning power that capture the essence of why, what and how
What is learning power? Why do we need this valuable commodity? What are the essential ideas, values and practicalities of building students’ learning power? Gain a broad sense of what learning power is all about through…
7 Big Questions
and explore what these mean for making a start on putting it into practice by:
- considering how teachers help students to become better learners;
- appreciating how the culture of learning-powered classrooms makes a difference;
- developing ideas for building your students’ learning power;
- recognising the development of learning power as a gradual, long term, whole school culture change.
- Big question 1: Why do we need to bother developing students' learning power?
- Big question 2: What's different about building learning power?
- Big question 3: Which learning behaviours are important?
- Big question 4: What small changes make a big difference?
- Big question 5: Are there any fast track tactics?
- Big question 6: What sort of language nudges learning habits?
- Big question 7: What does progression in learning habits look like?