Finding Learning Power is resource, not a course. It has a central role throughout the programme helping staff make a serious analysis of their pupils learning behaviours and answering questions such as;
- What are your students like as learners…now?
- What sort of a learning character do they have?
- How does it change, can it be built/strengthened?
- Which learning behaviours do your students need to strengthen…now?
- Does learning character play any part in influencing the attainment of higher vs lower performing students?
- a manageable set of tools to enable them uncover, collect and analyse information about their students’ learning character;
- an outline of the research, value, makeup and growth of peoples’ learning character;
- a spreadsheet package to help schools monitor, evaluate and manage their students’ learning behaviour data.
These tools help the school discover and use a rich picture of their students’ learning behaviours, rather than simply attainment, to underpin their approach to helping them improve, develop or catch up on their learning.
This tool can be used frequently throughout the school’s journey but using it for the first time is likely to take about a month
A companion resource for school leaders Leading FindingLearning Power. explains how the resource can be used and offers practical resources to help its introduction to staff. Alternatively TLO offers Zoom assisted sessions to introduce this resource to staff.