The materials are designed to be used flexibly to meet a range of school needs including:
- In everyday lessons,
- PHSE programmes and Circle Time,
- To introduce parents to BLP the new Primary Curriculum
The materials are designed to:
- Help teachers infuse building learning power into the curriculum,
- Help children’s’ understanding of learning power,
- Develop a common language for learning across the school,
- Start the process of building pupil’s effective learning habits,
- Spark teacher’s creativity to develop more…
- Save hours of design and planning time.
The Foundation Activity Bank includes:
- Taster activities to introduce children to their learning capacities,
- A series of original and engaging stories to connect children to the familiar everyday ways of using learning power,
- Stretching activities that enable children to experience using their learning capacities in real tasks,
- Ideas of what to look for in the progression of learning power,
- Full teacher-focused explanations of each learning capacity,
- Hundreds of suggestions of how learning power can be made explicit and used effectively with younger children.
Examples of activities
The activities in the Transition Bank
Organised under five Themes and twenty-four Topics; and for each topic as three kinds of activity – Connecting, Stretching and Transferring.
Target age range: lower secondary/upper primary
- Many activities work over a wider range or can be readily adapted to do so,
- Many others are easy to adapt, up or down the age range,
- Coaching notes for each main activity,
- Topics cover all the Learning Power dispositions and capacities,
- Training and consultancy support available,
The Activity Bank is an online resource and is accessible from any internet enabled device. Site licence allows access by all staff from any web enabled computer, tablet or smart phone, no installation of software should be required.
Digital services delivery
Please note that if you’re paying by credit/debit card or PayPal, you will receive an email containing links your purchase instantly.
Customers requesting to be invoiced for the amount will receive the same email as soon as possible, typically it takes us under two working days.
With this purchase all of your staff can have their own access. Instructions for setting them up will be emailed to the address provided with the order.
For UK customers, this product is subject to UK VAT at 20%, in addition to the prices shown. Any VAT payable will be shown in your Basket before you check out.
Purchase within the EU is not currently available, pending clarification of tax treatment.
No VAT is charged on non-UK and non-EU orders.