What does being a good collaborator involve?
If you have well formed collaborating habit you will be ready, willing, and able to:
- Work effectively with others towards common goals;
- Seek to understand what others are saying;
- Share, challenge, support and build on ideas;
- Adopt different roles and responsibilities in pursuit of team goals;
- Act responsibly with initiative, and perseveres in the face of difficulties;
- Hold and express opinions coherently, compromises and adapts to circumstances when appropriate.
Spotting the collaborators in your classes
Just to get you tuned in – have a quick think about ‘Collaborators you may know’. Make a note of students you know who display these characteristics.
Becoming a teacher who develops students’ learning power means developing a keen awareness of the subtleties of your students’ learning behaviours. What you are trying to do is to help them to help themselves to get better at using these behaviours.Good learning habits – Collaborating_v5