Benefits for the school
The school an objective up-to-date view of how the quality of learning has developed in the school and how teachers are enabling young people to learn more effectively. In particular this review is concerned with how learning power has progressed in classrooms and how the classroom culture supports this. Review findings are useful in planning the longitudinal and multi-layered culture shift needed to grow creative, independent learners. The review process provides rigorous evidence of the school’s current quality of learning which can guide further developments.
Benefits for participants
The Learning Review is undertaken with a team of reviewers from the school. As a result they develop skills in:
- Collecting data on learning
- Analysing independent learning skills in students
- Analysing effective teacher behaviours that promote the development of learning habits
- Enhancing the school’s evidence collection processes
What will we provide?
Prior to the review
- Key staff will have access to online planning and observational tools for use before the review.
During the review
- An experienced evaluator of learning
- Coaching for the review team selected by the school (level 1)
- Classroom observation formats
- Structured interview questions for key staff and students
- Structured formats for data collection of various types
- Two days reviewing in school alongside school reviewers (level 1)
After the review
- Collation and analysis of findings
- Full written report of findings with recommendations for action
- Interactive feedback with school leaders